Send Us a Message
You’ve got a great business idea, you’ve perhaps started researching and testing out the market but unsure of whether it’s going to a viable business opportunity or how to get started.
The Black Pounds Project can hook you up with a voluntary Business Advisor to help you consolidate your ideas, create a start-up plan and support you to put it all into action.
A Business Adviser provides information, support, coaching, advice and guidance to business owners including supporting start-up businesses to move their business from concept to reality.
You will need:
- a genuine business idea
- to provide evidence you’ve started to research your market – ideal customers, competitors, potential market size, costs
- to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to getting a business started.
You’ve got a business which is trading – you’d love to grow the business, but not sure how to go about it or where to start.
The Black Pounds Project can allocate a Business Coach or Mentor to help you take your business from where it is now on a journey to ensure, firstly, it meets all regulatory and legal requirements and secondly, to create a plan to sustainably grow your business.
You will need:
- to be registered as a trading business (such as through self-employment, registered as a limited company, etc)
- to have a business bank account
- to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to growing your business
- to show commitment for dedicating time and resources to your business growth
- to contribute to the Black Pounds Project by sharing your journey through a regular blog.
Stage 1 - Three MonthsBronze Business Advisor
- Your allocated Advisor will meet with you for 1 hour each month to assess your business needs and help you to create a robust business plan and a 3-month action plan.
- They will connect you to subject specialists who can help you with your business plan and signpost you to other useful organisations.
Stage 2 - Three MonthsSilver Business Coaching
- Monthly 1 hour check-ins with a Business Coach to review progress against the actions and offer ongoing support and encouragement.
- Focus on your personal development needs to enable you to thrive as a business owner.
- Training to support your business in becoming legally and regulatory compliant across all areas.
Stage 3 - Three MonthsPlatinum Mentorship
- Available once you have completed your business plan and received 3 months of coaching.
- Monthly 1 hour sessions with a Business Mentor sharing their experience and network.
- Introductions to key players within the Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce via the Black Pounds Project network.
- At the end of the initial six-month period, your mentor will review the progress of the business across the six-month period against its original business plan. They will discuss your future plans with you and, where appropriate, may consider putting the business forward as an applicant for further funding from Black Pounds Project.
- Opportunities to promote your business at networking events.
Upon completion of this form, a member of our team will be in touch to confirm whether you have been accepted on to the Mentorship scheme.
Please note, all selected businesses will begin at Bronze Level, with the expectation that you will progress onto Silver and Platinum once you have completed all of the agreed actions.
If your application is unsuccessful at this time, we will seek to support you in other ways.
If you require assistance with completing the form please drop us an email at email@example.com and we will arrange a call to discuss it with you.