British Pounds Into Black British Businesses.
Big changes come from small change.
Make a Donation
Watch a Message About Our Campaigns
Volunteers & Contributors
About Our Project
Many black businesses, who contribute enormously to Birmingham’s economy, have been severely hit because of COVID-19 and recent start-up businesses are at risk.
Financial support from the government is available. However, applications have been particularly low from the black community due to lack of communication and trust, knowledge or access to community leaders.
The most important thing for us at The Black Pounds Project is to make it possible for black business owners, however small, to access the business and financial help that will help them to kick start their business. We want to breakdown barriers, build up trust and confidence and work alongside them every step of the way at this unprecedented time.
For successful applicants, The Black Pounds Project will support each business over a nine-month period and, as the project develops, the team will compile a directory of high quality, professional black owned businesses that everyone can benefit from.
Apply to our 9 Month Business Development Programme
Stage 1 - Three MonthsBronze Business Advisor
- Your allocated Advisor will meet with you for 1 hour each month to assess your business needs and help you to create a robust business plan and a 3-month action plan.
- They will connect you to subject specialists who can help you with your business plan and signpost you to other useful organisations.
Stage 2 - Three MonthsSilver Business Coaching
- Monthly 1 hour check-ins with a Business Coach to review progress against the actions and offer ongoing support and encouragement.
- Focus on your personal development needs to enable you to thrive as a business owner.
- Training to support your business in becoming legally and regulatory compliant across all areas.
Stage 3 - Three MonthsPlatinum Mentorship
- Available once you have completed your business plan and received 3 months of coaching.
- Monthly 1 hour sessions with a Business Mentor sharing their experience and network.
- Introductions to key players across the Midlands region via the Black Pounds Project network.
- At the end of the initial six-month period, your mentor will review the progress of the business across the six-month period against its original business plan. They will discuss your future plans with you and, where appropriate, may consider putting the business forward as an applicant for further funding from Black Pounds Project.
We will ask for businesses to submit a monthly blog post to our website so that project supporters can check progress, send messages of encouragement and build relationships.
There will also be business workshops and mentorship schemes for those whose applications have not been successful first time round, so that they can better understand and develop their own business ideas.
Donate to make a difference today